Dell Empowering Women Challenge for Students: More than $35,000 in Seed Funding
Deadline: September 23, 2013
Dell Social Innovation Challenge (DSIC) has launched a Spotlight Competition – Dell Empowering Women Challenge. They are looking for students with ideas to empower, educate and create business opportunities for women.
The DSIC and Spotlight Challenges identify and support promising young social innovators who dedicate themselves to solving the world’s most pressing social and environmental problems with their innovative ideas. The program provides university students interested in social innovation with world-class teaching and training, as well as start-up capital and access to a network of mentors and advisors.
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are 16 years of age or older; and
- Any undergrad or graduate student, male or female, in any field of study, from any country, can enter our challenge.
- This isn’t your traditional business plan competition – students can enter a project at any stage, whether they have just thought of an idea or are already running an organization.
- Nonprofit, for-profit or blended ideas are eligible.
Anyone and everyone can join our growing online social innovation community and support students on their projects. Only currently enrolled university and college students may create project entries and compete in the annual grand prize competition.
The DSIC-Certified Judges will evaluate projects using three primary criteria:
- Clarity of the innovation and significance of social impacts potentials.
- Demonstration of a high probability of success.
- Potential impact from winning DSIC.
Prizes and Awards
- $35,000 in seed funding + a paid trip for finalists to pitch their idea
- $15,000 Grand Prize
- $10,000 Second Prize
- $5,000 Third Prize
- Semi-finalists get at least 4 hours of professional mentoring
- All entries automatically entered in the 2014 Dell Social Innovation Challenge (DSIC)
- Finalists are fast-tracked as semi-finalists in the 2014 DSIC
- Real opportunity to make a difference and get global recognition to improve women’s lives!
- DSIC will select 10 additional “Promising Projects” and provide cash awards of $500 designed to enable field testing for the best ideas empowering women.
For more information, click here.