Apply for the 2014 James Dyson Product and Industrial Design Student Award
Deadline: August 7, 2014
Individuals and teams who have studied in the selected countries listed below are invited to apply for the James Dyson Product and Industrial Design Student Award.
The award is an international design award that celebrates, encourages and inspires the next generation of design engineers. It is run by the James Dyson Foundation, James Dyson’s charitable trust, as part of its mission to inspire young people about design engineering and to be creative, challenge and invent. The James Dyson Award is an international student design award running in 18 countries.
- International Winner: $45,000 to the student or student team and $15,000 to the student(s)’ university department.
- International Runners-Up (up to five): $7,500 to the student or student team.
- National Winner (one from each region): $3,500 to the student or student team.
- The James Dyson Award is open to product design, industrial design and engineering university level students who have studied in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, UK and USA.
- Entrants must be, or have been within the last four years, enrolled for at least one semester in an undergraduate or graduate engineering or design program at a university in a country chosen to participate in the James Dyson Award.
- In the case of team entries, at least one team member must meet the above criteria and register as the team leader.
- All other members of the team must be, or have been within the last four years, enrolled for at least one semester in an undergraduate or graduate program at a university in a country chosen to participate in the James Dyson Award.
- To enter the competition, you will need to create a profile and include a copy of your student or alumni status documentation. Once you create a profile you can upload a project. Click here to create a profile.
- To upload a project you will need to provide a description of your design, images portraying the development of your design, and a video, which is strongly recommended, but not essential.
For more information, click here.