Exciting Career Opportunity at the United Nations – Young Professionals Programme 2014
The United Nations is looking for highly qualified candidates who are ready to launch a professional career as an international civil servant. The young professionals programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative that brings new talent to the United Nations through an annual entrance examination.
For young, high-calibre professionals across the globe, the examination is a platform for launching a career at the United Nations. This programme builds upon the national competitive recruitment examination (NCRE) which was held for the last time in 2010.
You are eligible to participate in the young professionals programme examination if you meet the following requirements:
- Hold at least a first-level university degree
- Be 32 or younger by the end of this year
- Can speak either English and/or French fluently
- A national of a participating country
The examination is held worldwide and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise – the list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
2014 Participating Countries
- Brunei Darussalam
- Burkina Faso
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Saint Lucia
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
How to Apply
You may apply to take one or more of the following young professionals programme examination
- POLITICAL AFFAIRS | Deadline: August 13, 2014
- HUMAN RIGHTS | Deadline: August 26, 2014
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY | Deadline: August 13, 2014
- RADIO PRODUCTION | Deadline: August 20, 2014
- PHOTOGRAPHY | Deadline: August 26, 2014
- ECONOMIC AFFAIRS | Deadline: August 20, 2014
For more information and to apply, visit UN Young Professionals Programme 2014.