InnoPitch Competition for the European Innovator of the Year 2014
August 31, 2014
Submit your idea at the InnoPitch Competition for the European Innovator of the Year 2014 and win a trip to the Unconvention 2014 to present your startup to the innovation industry.
From the InnoPitch participants, 12 teams will be short-listed as ‘Finalists’ who will be put through an intense mentoring workshop with the Europe’s top mentor and seed investor Carlos Eduardo Espinal from Seedcamp, nominated by the European Commission as a pan-European Startup leader. Only 6 pitches (i.e. the teams making the 6 best pitches) will be selected to compete live at the Unconvention for the European Young Innovator of the Year 2014 award.
The Unconvention 2014 is a unique meeting of Europe’s community of young innovators, entrepreneurs, leaders, mentors, and investors from most major European cities, regions and the Sillicon Valley. The Unconvention is organized by European Young Innovators Forum, Europe’s leading foundation for youth innovation and entrepreneurship.
European Young Innovator of the Year 2014 allows the winners to:
- Present their ideas to Europe’s political and business leaders, live in the European Parliament;
- Showcase their ideas to all the Unconvention audience;
- Receive in depth feedback and advice from Europe’s leading seed and venture capital investors and experts;
- Paid accommodation in Brussels for the duration of the Unconvention for up to two co-founders / team members; two Free VIP Unconvention passes (including the access to Venture Forum, VIP Dinner and Closing Party);
- Free advertising on the Uncovention website, social media and email newsletters for up to three months after the InnoPitch.
To be eligible to enter InnoPitch 2014 you must be:
- EITHER an Early-stage Entrepreneur, i.e. those who have set-up their own company / organisation within the period of the last 18 months (maximum);
- OR an intrapreneur, or student (current or recently graduated) with a demonstrable real idea;
- AND a resident of the European Union
- AND under 35 years of age prior to 24th of September 2014.
- To apply, submit a video of maximum three minutes explaining how your project answers to as many questions (listed below) as possible, together with the pitch presentation you would like to present in front of the jury.
- What is your business idea going to improve or what is the problem that it is offering a solution to?
- What makes your business proposition unique and what is the key asset you hold (know-how, expertise, etc.), which could hardly be copied by your competitors?
- Are you looking for funding? If yes, how much and how would you use it?
- Does your business respond to global needs? Can you export it to international markets?
- How would your future business answer to some of the most critical difficulties that Europe is facing at the moment (ex: job creation, help reach environmental targets, etc.)?
For more information, visit InnoPitch Competition for the European Innovator of the Year 2014.