Deadline: August 3, 2014
Young professionals are invited to apply for participation in the 2014 Swedish Institute (SI) Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), a new training programme on the topic is Increased Transparency through Governance and Control in Governmental Institutions. Between 22nd September and 3rd October 2014, SAYP will be held as a two-week intense training session for some 30 participants, at Lund University in Sweden.
The SI SAYP is a training programme developed to build awareness, capacity and resilience in the practice of governance in the countries included in the EU Eastern Partnership. At the same time the focus of SAYP is to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to meet the requirement of a modern governance structure.
In the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals, the participants will also be able to expand their own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges. The programme also includes possibilities to participate in follow-ups and thematic workshops afterwards, as fellows of the Swedish Institute alumni network – a vast professional and global contact network meant to keep building good practices and mutual learning processes for a sustainable future. We invite you to apply for participation in a two-week intense training session held in Sweden at Lund University.
Participation in the programme is offered free of charge and includes, meals, accommodation and travel expenses to Sweden. Participation in the local follow-up workshops is also covered by the Swedish Institute.
- The programme is targeted primarily at young professionals (22-35 years old) already employed in the state structures, working with development of policy and measures to create a more transparent, resilient and efficient public administration.
- Applicants may desirably work within financial management/control and audit services.
- SAYP also targets students on the master’s level who have a major in political sciences, public administration, journalism or economics.
- A general requirement for any applicant is a good command of English language (the degree of proficiency should be specified in the CV) and a relevant education, consisting of at least three years of previous studies.
- Citizens of Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine may apply for participation. Young professionals employed in any of the above-mentioned countries but with a citizenship of another country in the Baltic Sea region are also qualified to apply.
Young professionals currently not working in any of the eligible countries according to above, cannot apply.
For more information, visit SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals.