Apply for the Facebook Fellowship Program and Award 2015
Deadline: January 6, 2015
Facebook is now accepting applications for the 2015 Facebook Fellowship Award. The Fellowship Program supports full-time PhD students (domestic and international) who are currently involved in ongoing research in topical areas represented by these fellowships. Facebook believes that the academic community plays a central role in addressing many of our most challenging research questions, and this fellowship was created to extend their involvement and collaboration with the academic world.
The Fellowship Program is open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area.
Fellowship Research Areas
- Data Mining
- Distributed Systems
- Computer Vision
- Human-Computer Interaction & Social Computing
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking & Operating Systems
- Programming Languages & Compilers
- Security & Privacy
- Software Engineering
Award and Benefits
Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits. Up to twelve (12) Awards will be provided for the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 academic years. Each Award recipient, subject to verification, will receive the following:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year(s)
- $37,000 yearly grant
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present your research
- Opportunity for paid internship
- This Program is open to individuals who are enrolled full-time, as defined by the individual’s university, and in good standing at an appropriately accredited doctoral program focusing on a Topic or Field (whether an individual is engaged in research in a Topic or Field will be determined in Facebook’s sole discretion).
- You are not eligible to participate in this Program if you are a national or legal resident of those countries in which the United States has embargoed goods (including, without limitation, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and Syria, unless you are enrolled full-time at an accredited university in the United States or a non-embargoed country, with the exception of nationals and legal residents of Cuba, who are unconditionally ineligible to participate).
Corporate entities are not eligible and have no right to claim any Award won by
Applications must meet all of the following requirements in Facebook’s sole discretion or it will be disqualified:
- The Application and all submitted materials must be in English.
- All aspects of the Application, including, without limitation, all concepts embodied in the Research Proposal, must be originally created by and solely owned by you or in the public domain. All third party content and content unoriginal to you (unless it is in the public domain or subject to a Creative Commons license) is prohibited.
- Application must not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright, including moral rights, trademark, trade secret, or right of privacy or publicity.
- Application must be unpublished and not have been submitted in any other publication, application process, contest, etc.
- Application must not contain or describe any harmful or illegal activity or content or in any way violate any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations.
- Application must not suggest, depict, or describe any inappropriate, unlawful, or dangerous behavior or use of Facebook’s or any other products or services.
- Applicant agrees that his/her participation in the application process and Program and agreement to these Terms & Conditions will not violate any agreement to which applicant is a signatory or party.
- Research Summary
1-2 page research summary, which clearly identifies the area of focus and applicability of anticipated research to Facebook.
- Resume or CV
- Two email contacts for a letter of recommendation:
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
For more information and to apply, visit Facebook Fellowship Award.