Deadline: December 4, 2014
World Health Organization announces a vacant Project Manager position at its Cairo office. Successful candidate would help develop, implement and manage the Pandemic Influenza Preparedness (PIP) Framework Partnership Contribution (PC) funds and monitor, assess and report on progress of implementation of activities under the PIP PC funds in the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR).
Duration: 2 years (Depending on availability of funding)
Duty Post: Cairo, Egypt
67,611 US$ at single rate
72,605 US$ with primary dependants
- Essential: University Degree in Social Sciences, business or public administration, with Master’s in Public Health.
- Desirable: Training in either project management, communicable diseases program management or global/regional partnership development.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way; Producing results;Fostering integration and team work; Ensuring the effective use of resources; Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond.
- Essential: At least 7 years of combined national and international experience in managing public health programs and or projects, particularly on infectious diseases, including development, implementation and monitoring of work plans; developing and or managing multi sector partnerships for effective implementation at country, regional or global levels. Direct experience of coordination with Member states.
- Desirable: Experience of working in WHO.
Experience in managing/coordinating infectious diseases programs.
The incumbent will develop, implement and manage the activities under the PIP PC funds work plan and monitor, assess and periodically report on the progress of implementation of activities under the PIP PC Funds as follows:
Coordinate the development and implementation of Regional and Country PIP PC activities across all Outcomes and Outputs of PC Plan
- Provide technical guidance and support for development of country specific work plans and budgets. Work with countries to ensure plans are achievable and realistic.
- Coordinate the identification of criteria for prioritizing funds and activities within country work plans.
- Coordinate with countries, and participate in national, regional and global level discussions as needed.
- Build partnerships across teams and stakeholders to design indicators for monitoring progress towards project goals.
Support Regional and Country implementation of PIP PC activities
- Manage implementation of the Regional PC implementation plan.
- Coordinate with technical focal points implementing PC activities at the regional level and country level for influenza disease burden, regulatory capacity building, vaccine deployment and risk communications.
- Coordinate meetings to launch activities and participate in regional and national level discussions as needed.
- Provide technical guidance and support to countries.
Monitor all regional and country, technical and financial, implementation of PIP PC activities.
- Regularly monitor technical implementation of activities and progress against indicators, providing recommendations for course corrections as needed.
- Generate technical and financial progress reports on implementation of all PIP PC activities in the region and its countries, using pre-defined indicators of success.
- Ensure timely submission of technical and financial reports to the PIP Secretariat.
- Participate in coordination meetings when called upon by the PIP Secretariat.
provide quarterly reports on implementation of PIP PC work plans to Director Department of Communicable Disease Prevention and Control or to any task force/committee set up at the Regional Office to monitor the implementation of PIP PC work plans
Liaise with PIP Secretariat, including conference calls, meeting attendance and ad-hoc issue resolution.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online at WHO Employment.
For more information, visit WHO Careers