Deadline: June 28, 2015
Applications are now being received for the Pontica Magna Fellowship Program by the New Europe College. The New Europe College is an institute for advanced study in the humanities and social sciences in Bucharest, Romania. Candidates are welcome to apply with projects on topics of their choice, for in-residence fellowships of one or two terms at the NEC.
NEC makes the best of its location to provide an attractive meeting and working place for scholars from the countries of the EU and outside it, who wish to pursue a meaningful project of their own while also meeting with peers from other disciplines. It supports its fellows by providing excellent conditions for their work and by establishing a strong and productive network among academics and intellectuals in the country and beyond.
Once chosen, Fellows are expected to take part in the weekly seminars at the institute together with all the other Romanian and international scholars present at NEC, and in other scientific events organized by the institute. Fellows have the opportunity to benefit from NEC’s widespread international research network and its high-quality guest lecturers program. The institute’s working languages are English, French, and German. Toward the end of their stay, Fellows are required to document the outcomes of their work in a scholarly paper, or a different output, in accordance with their profile.
Candidates can apply for one academic year (10 months, starting with October 2015), or one term (5 months, starting with October 2015 or with March 2016)
Fellows are granted
- A monthly stipend of 750 €
- Travel expenses and
- A one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice.
- Candidates must be doctoral students at an advanced stage of their research, or hold a PhD title.
- Fellows should be from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine (other post-soviet countries may also be considered).
- Journalists, media professionals, writers and artists are also eligible; a PhD is not compulsory in such cases, but it is a plus.
- In its absence, a CV presenting their achievements so far in their chosen activity will be taken into account (see the guidelines for details).
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 40.
- Read Application Guidelines.
- Download Application Form and fill according to guidelines.
- Submit applications in electronic format only to [email protected]
- Enter “Pontica Magna Fellowship” as the subject of your e-mail.
For more information, visit Pontico Magna Fellowship.