Deadline: June 10, 2015
Applications are now open for the ‘A Common Word Among the Youth’ (ACWAY) programme. This is an all-expenses paid programme that includes several training courses, international conferences and civic activities to immerse participants in knowledge and action around cultural and religious diversity. The first training programme and conference will be from 4-9th September 2015 in Rabat, Morocco.
Passionate about promoting religious and cultural harmony? Submit your application today and make sure you don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! A Common Word Among the Youth (ACWAY) is a global initiative that will be led by young people, of different faiths to build bridges of co-existence by means of dialogue and action.
The programme will consist of
- Selection and training of 100 young people from around the world representing the world’s major religions to become advocates of co-existence and religious harmony
- Two international conferences to provide opportunities for the young people to network and present their projects and activities to the international community
- Grass-root activities delivered by the young people on co-existence and inter-faith relations
- An online social media platform for the young people to interact and showcase their projects and activities.
In addition to the above the following pilot campaigns will be arranged:
- A TV documentary with some of the young leaders involved highlighting the challenges and barriers to co-existence and some of the solutions
- A comprehensive media campaign on co-existence and cultural diversity, using TV, Radio, print media as well as social media.
The following costs are all covered by ACWAY:
- Airport transfers (as long as you arrive/depart on the specified dates)
- Course material
100 young people aged 18-35 will be selected representing over 5 different faiths from 5 continents to be part of a unique global network
- Applicants need to have a valid passport and ability to apply for a visa. Participants are responsible for arranging both of these.
- Age between 18-35 (on 1st January 2015)
- Regard oneself as being a follower/believer of one of the following religions
- Any other religion not mentioned above
- Desire for promoting religious and cultural harmony
- Experience in community activism and/or interreligious related activities
- An evidenced commitment to effecting positive change. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Leadership ability
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- Ability to work as part of a team with people from different backgrounds and religions
- Very good command of the English language (all elements of the programme will be conducted in English)
- Prepared to travel abroad (to the Middle East/Europe/US)
- Prepared to commit time to the project (attend the training courses, conferences, delivering campaigns and other project related activities). This would span over 12 months in your spare time taking into account your study and/or work commitments.
- Happy to be included in photos and filming that could be used in social media as well as TV and print media
Those successful will be informed by 10th July 2015 and names will be announced online.