2016 United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme
Deadline: December 1, 2015
The United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme is conducted under the United Nations Programme of Assistance in the Teaching, Study, Dissemination and Wider Appreciation of International Law, established by General Assembly resolution 2099 (XX) of 20 December 1965. The Fellowship Programme is organized by the Codification Division of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs.
The Fellowship Programme provides high-quality training by prominent international law scholars and practitioners on a broad range of core subjects of international law. In addition, the interactive nature of the training allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on contemporary issues of international law.
The Fellowship Programme will be held at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands, from June 27, 2016 to August 5, 2016.
- Fellowships cover the fellowship recipient’s travel costs in economy class, accommodation, medical insurance, participation in the Fellowship Programme, the training materials and the registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law. In accordance with the policies and procedures governing the administration of United Nations fellowships, participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
- Qualified candidates may also apply for self-funded positions. Self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation (travel, accommodation, living expenses and registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law). Training materials are provided to self-funded participants free of charge.
- To qualify for the Fellowship Programme, candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- The selected participants are required to submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entire course period.
- The Fellowship Programme will accommodate 21 participants from developing countries and countries with emerging economies.
- The 2016 Fellowship Programme will be conducted in French. Fluency in spoken and written French is required. Applicants whose mother tongue or language of instruction is not French are required to submit proof of their language abilities. Applications without a valid language certification will not be considered.
- Complete the application form in French.
- Two copies of the application form must be submitted:
- One scanned version of the signed original; and
- One electronic version (MS word or equivalent).
- Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The application should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.