2016 Echoing Green Fellowship Programs for Social Entrepreneurs ($90,000 stipend)
Deadline: November 17, 2015
The 2016 Echoing Green Fellowship application is now open for applications. Echoing Green is seeking the World’s Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs to join one of their three fellowship programs. The Programs will offer more than $4.6 million in seed-stage funding and support this year to emerging leaders working to bring about positive social change.
During their first two years, Fellows receive up to $90,000, participate in leadership development gatherings, and will access the powerful network of Echoing Green Fellows, partners, and friends. Echoing Green’s 2015 Barclays Brain Trust Series, sponsored in part by Barclays, is a program of roundtable and mentorship opportunities for Fellows with leading professionals working in marketing, fundraising, business development, and technology. We continue to support our Fellow community long after their initial funding period with ongoing programs and opportunities at critical inflection points in their organizations or careers.
About the Fellowships
- The Global Fellowship is our twenty-seven-year-old program for smart leaders who are deeply connected to the needs and potential solutions that may work best for their communities. Any emerging social entrepreneur from any part of the world working to disrupt the status quo may apply.
- The Black Male Achievement (BMA) Fellowship is the first fellowship in the world for social entrepreneurs dedicated to improving the life outcomes of black men and boys in the United States. The Fellowship was founded and is supported in partnership with the Open Society Foundations since 2012. BMA Fellows generate new ideas and best practices in the areas of education, family, and work, such as initiatives related to fatherhood, mentoring, college preparatory programs, community-building, career and economic opportunities, communications, and philanthropic leadership.
- The Climate Fellowship, built in partnership with The ZOOM Foundation, is specifically targeted for next-generation social entrepreneurs committed to working on innovations in mitigation and adaptation to climate change. The threat of global climate change is one of the greatest humanitarian and economic challenges of our time. Our interest is in considering the full spectrum of responses to the climate crisis – from innovative technology in Silicon Valley to community organizing in the developing world.
The Fellowships are awarded annually to individuals or partners who receive:
- A stipend of $80,000 for individuals (or $90,000 for two-person partnerships) paid in four equal installments over two years
- A health insurance stipend
- A yearly professional development stipend
- Leadership development and networking gatherings
- Access to technical support and pro bono partnerships to help grow their organization and a dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager
- A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs, public service leaders, and industry leaders including the Echoing Green network of more than 600 Fellows working in over sixty countries all over the world.
- Over 18 years old
- Fluent in English
- Able to commit a full 35 hour work week to their organization.
- The original idea of the applicant(s)
- In its start-up phase, usually within the first two years of operation
- Independent and autonomous
Successful applicants not only present an innovative way of addressing social issues, but also explain why they as individuals have what it takes to succeed.
- Purpose / Passion
- Ability to Attract Resources
- Potential for Big, Bold Impact
- A Good Business Model
- Application Opens: Monday, October 5, 2015
- Application Closes: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. (14:00) ET
- Finalist Interviews in New York City: May 2016*
- 2016 Fellows announced: June 2016*
How to Apply
For more information, visit Echoing Green Fellowship.