World Nomads Travel Photography Competition
Deadline: November 25, 2015
Applications are now accepted by World Nomads from aspiring travel photographers around the world for its Travel Photography Competition. This opportunity is a chance to capture the beauty of the stunning country of Nepal and the resilient spirit of its people. Under the mentorship of Richard I’Anson, candidates will document the stories that no one else is telling along with the community development projects that are rebuilding both local livelihoods and tourism in Nepal.
- The Winner will receive
- A 10-day all-expenses-paid trip to Nepal with Intrepid Travel
- Round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Kathmandu, Nepal
- Professional mentorship from travel photographer Richard I’Anson
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads
- Plus be outfitted for the assignment with gear from Kathmandu
- The 4 Runner’s Up
- A FREE 45-min portfolio review from Richard I’Anson (valued at $800 AUD)
- The 25 shortlisted entrants will receive:
- The option of a 45-min portfolio review from Richard I’Anson (special rate of $400 AUD)
- This is open to photography students or keen amateurs/pro-amateurs looking to build a career in travel photography.
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities (subject to obtaining a visa to enter Nepal).
- Applicants must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years by the application deadline.
- They should have a current, valid passport and must be available as per the dates set out. Please note these dates are not changeable in any way.
- They must be fit and healthy as moderate levels of physical work are involved as well as a number of late nights.
- Applicants should be an exceptional photographer with a lust for adventure, have a strong desire to be mentored and grow their photographic knowledge and skills, an ambition to forge a career in travel photography.
- Shoot your photo story (maximum of 5 images):
- Your images must tell a story about a place you have visited. ‘Place’ may be anywhere; somewhere in your own community or much further away. Each of the 5 shots must have accompanying caption text (1-2 sentences) to help contextualise the shot.
- Craft a 1500-character essay telling us what winning this scholarship would mean to you and why we should choose you:
- Your written essay will have significant weighting in the judging process, so think carefully about why you should be chosen.
- Tell us about yourself, your passions, why you love photography, what drives you to take a better shot, where you would like to go with your photography etc. Help us form a picture in our mind of you as a person with your text.
- Complete the application form including your personal details along with uploading your photos.