Deadline: March 31, 2016
Full scholarships are available for DW Akademie’s Masters Program in International Media Studies for 10 citizens of developing countries. The Master’s Program in Bonn, Germany, is designed to train students – personally and professionally – to be competent media experts.
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany’s international broadcaster. Their academy’s Master’s program is targeted at students from around the world that want to work in a position of responsibility in journalism or the communications sector. It especially addresses journalists-in-training, media representatives from radio, TV, online and print and communication experts. The program is bilingual (English and German), whereby English is the prevalent course language.
To get into the program, applicants must-
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Have more than one year of professional experience in a media-related field acquired after the completion of their first degree.
- Provide proof of good verbal and written language skills in both German and English.
In order to further qualify for the full scholarship, applicants must be residents on this countries on this list and have at least two years of professional experience.
The scholarship is 750 EUR per month covering costs for living and accommodation. The tuition fee of 6000 EUR for the year and the flight will be also reimbursed.
How to Apply
To apply, you’ll need to create an account on the academy’s online system. Before beginning the application for the course and the full scholarship, you will also need to have the following documents ready-
- Letter of motivation.
- Certificate of your first academic degree.
- Evidence of at least two year’s professional experience in a media-related field after obtaining your first academic degree.
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia).
- Evidence of sufficient English language skills.
- Evidence of sufficient German language skills.
- Copy of your passport
- Recent recommendation letter from a University.
- Recent recommendation letter from your employer.
- DAAD application form
- High school diploma
For more information, visit The International Media Studies Masters page.