Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship 2016 to Study in the UK
Deadline: April 22, 2016
The University of Nottingham is offering Masters scholarship for international students to study at Nottingham, UK for September 2016 academic session. Do you want to make a difference to the development of your home country? Apply now for the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship.
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Africa, India or one of the countries of the Commonwealth listed below* AND
are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
have not already studied outside of your home country** AND
are not currently studying at a University of Nottingham campus or are not a University of Nottingham graduateAND
hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme, including MRes, at Nottingham for September 2016 in an area of study within the:
Faculty of Engineering,
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences,
Faculty of Science,
Faculty of Social Science
*Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Western Samoa.
**Priority is given to candidates who have not previously studied outside of their home country. Students currently studying in the UK are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship holders are required to:
- Return a completed scholarship acceptance form by the given deadline. The International Office reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a scholarship if it is not accepted by the given deadline.
- Meet any conditions attached to their academic offer.
- Register on their academic course by the given start date, as specified in their confirmation email. Scholarships may not be deferred to the following academic year.
- Be registered as a full-time student and be classified as overseas for fee purposes, or classified as European Union (non-UK) for European Union scholarships.
- Seek permission and obtain consent from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study, this includes changing course title, course transfers, suspending studies, etc. Please note that approval is not guaranteed. Where changes are made without prior approval, the scholarship will be withdrawn and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- Seek permission from the International Office before extending a period of registered study. Scholarships are not automatically extendable.
- Inform the International Office Office of any other scholarships/sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date. Our scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded. Our scholarship is not available as a cash alternative.
- Pay all outstanding tuition fees by University deadlines if you have not been awarded a full scholarship, as detailed on our Tuition Fees web page. Non-payment of fees may result in the scholarship being withdrawn and full fees being charged to the student.
- If the scholarship has no provision for living costs, then scholars are expected to maintain their living costs for the duration of their programme of study. Additional financial support is not available. The University recommends that students will need £1,015 per month for living costs. This figure is based on a single student and students with families will require considerably more.
- Make satisfactory progress on their programme of study. The scholarship is subject to satisfactory progress.
- Repay the scholarship amount, pro-rata, if they withdraw from their course before completion if the scholarship has been awarded by cheque or BACS payment.
- Agree to act in an ambassadorial capacity, to produce student profiles, and to attend scholarship/recruitment events as required for The University of Nottingham.
- Agree to The University of Nottingham contacting students approximately two years after their graduation for an update on how the scholarship has influenced their career.
For more information, visit Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship.