2016 Knight International Journalism Awards – USD 10,000 Cash Prize
Deadline: February 17, 2016
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks nominations for the 2016 Knight International Journalism Awards. The Awards recognize journalists who, through their pioneering work or technological innovations, produce quality news and information that make a significant impact on the lives of people in the developing world.
The award reflects the mission of ICFJ’s Knight International Journalism Fellowships, which foster a global culture of news innovation. The program is supported by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Award winners receive a trip to the United States, where they will be honored at ICFJ’s Awards Dinner on November 14, 2016.
- Each winner will receive a USD 10,000 cash prize and a crystal trophy recognizing their achievement.
- Candidates must be from and work in Africa, Asia, Central/Eastern Europe, Latin America/Caribbean or the Middle East;
- Candidates can be reporters, editors, technologists, media managers, citizen journalists or bloggers.
- Candidates who meet the above eligibility may nominate themselves.
To apply, complete the nomination form.