Deadline: August 5, 2016
Can your idea improve the quality of education in tertiary institutions? Represent your university as a team in the Future Ready Idea Challenge 2016. The Future Ready University Idea Challenge aims to discover students with brilliant and scalable initiatives that would solve basic problems and challenges faced by students worldwide.
Stages of the Challenge
- Stage 1: Register as team of two students from the same school. Make a two minutes video pitching your idea in the format provided in the pdf document. Submit entries on or before August 5, 2016
- Stage 2: Shortlisted teams will be announced on August 25, 2016
- Stage 3: Develop solutions based on given rules and criteria
- Stage 4: Shortlisted teams are invited on an all expense paid trip to the 2016 FRC to make final presentations of their ideas based on new criteria provided after shortlisting. Winners are announced.
- The winning team will receive N500,000 including showcase sessions and media visibility;
- Winning team’s institution will receive a Future Ready Classroom, courtesy of Samsung.
- Idea must clearly address the problem statement;
- Competitors must be in teams of 2 and must be undergraduates from the same institution;
- Idea must have social and commercial potential;
- Competitors must present a functional technology prototype of their solution;
- Winning idea must be audacious, disruptive and innovative.
For more information, visit Future Ready Idea Challenge.