Women in Innovation (WiIN) Training Program 2017
Deadline: April 28, 2017
The Women in Innovation (WiIN) program is designed to increase the success of women in science careers in Africa. WiIN will do this by offering young women one week’s free training in Kigali to help them go from student to professional. Through the WiIN program, female university graduates will have the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, build professional networks, and learn practical tools for pursuing, obtaining, and thriving in a career in a STEM-related field.
WiIN runs one week long between June 5 – June 30, 2017. Therefore, participants should be available to attend the entire week-long program (Monday – Friday) during one of four sessions which are the following:
- Monday, 5 June – Friday, 9 June, 2017
- Monday, 12 June – Friday, 16 June, 2017
- Monday, 19 June – Friday, 23 June, 2017
- Monday, 26 June – Friday, 30 June, 2017
The pilot WiIN program will take place in Kigali, Rwanda and aims to reach 1000 female college graduates. This program is presented by Johnson & Johnson Innovation LLC at no charge to participants as part of the company’s strong global commitment to increase the number of women in science and technology careers.
- The program is open to female participants who have completed a bachelor or undergraduate university degree by June 2017;
- Be a national or permanent resident of Rwanda;
- Must be available to attend the entire week-long program (Monday – Friday) during one of four sessions between June 5 – June 30, 2017;
- Be able to arrange own travel/accommodation to Kigali and be able to arrange transport to/from conference venue (central Kigali);
- Have a positive attitude and desire to pursue a STEM-related career.
Applications close on April 28, 2017. Notification will be sent to 100% of completed applicants of their status in early May 2017. WiIN will begin in June 2017.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
For application and more information, visit Women in Innovation (WiIN) Training Program.