Hot Job! Postdoctoral Researcher Needed at The Climate Service Center Germany
Deadline: October 8, 2017
Apply now for the position of postdoctoral researcher at The Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS). GERICS is looking for a system dynamics modeler interested in innovative approaches tackling the urban interconnections of climate change, natural resource planning, and the Sustainable Development Goals. The scientific organizational entity of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Centre for Materials and Coastal Research, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher Position (male or female) in System Dynamics Modeling of the Water-Energy-Land-Food Nexus. The position is initially limited to 36 months. The place of employment is Hamburg. The postdoctoral researcher will join the team of the project CLISWELN.
- Appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits will be given.
Candidates must have the following requirements:
- Extensive experience in system dynamics modeling.
- Good programming skills, e.g. in Python (pysd, pydstool, numpy, xarray).
- PhD preferably in economics or social sciences; candidates with MSc qualifications will be considered only after years of demonstrable experience in system dynamics.
- Experience with scientific writing and presentation skills for international, interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
Duties and Tasks
- Co-development of system dynamics models and tools, with a focus on stakeholders.
- Application and validation of models in an urban drought-prone case study area in south-east Spain.
- Assistance to the leading PI in the management of the project and the preparation of its deliverables.
- Organization of international meetings.
- Please send your application indicating job offer, code-no. 2017/CS 9, preferably by e-mail to [email protected]
- Include a motivation letter (max. two pages).
- A CV (max. two pages) including names and addresses of three academic referees.
- Three scanned diplomas relevant to the position.
For more information, please visit The Climate Service Center Germany.