Thomson Reuters Foundation Workshop on Reporting Rural Poverty and Agricultural Development – Rome, Italy (Funded)
Deadline: December 15, 2017
Thomson Reuters Foundation invites journalists worldwide to apply for the Workshop on Reporting Rural Poverty and Agricultural Development. With funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the specialised UN agency, the Thomson Reuters Foundation will bring together journalists from around the world in Rome to attend IFAD’s event on innovative approaches to inclusive financing for rural transformation.
Being at the conference will allow journalists access to high profile delegates, leading experts in the issues, including IFAD and UN technical experts, as well as a number of small holder farmers who will be invited. IFAD works with those most affected by poverty, food security, gender inequality, environment and climate change.
This should not be seen as a one-off workshop; indeed, they would expect all journalists who are selected to attend to pursue stories along these issues in their home countries after the workshop. The Thomson Reuters Foundation is committed to fostering the highest standards of journalism worldwide.
Thomson Reuters Foundation, through IFAD funding and support, offers full bursaries for journalists from developing world countries working for established media organisations. Bursaries would include air travel expenses (economy class), accommodation, local transfers and meals.
Please note that you need to check visa requirements and ensure you have the necessary documentation required. The cost of your visa and any other related costs will be the responsibility of the participant. This arrangement is subject to variation.
- Applicants must be full-time journalists or regular contributors to a media organisation.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to a career in journalism in their country, and should have at least two years’ professional experience and have a good level in spoken and written English.
- Journalists who cover finance are particularly encouraged to apply.
- They would also like to see professional evidence of your interest in the field of rural peoples’ issues and development.
Please provide the following:
- Statement explaining your motivation to attend;
- Your CV or biography; and
- Two examples of your work.
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit Thomson Reuters Foundation Workshop.