2018 Rover College Scholarship for Pet Parents in the United States – Win $2500
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Applications for the Fifth Annual Rover Scholarship are now open. Founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of loving and trustworthy pet sitters and dog walkers. Discover, book, and manage personalized care for your dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care.
There will be one winner, granted $2500.
They’ll choose and notify the winner by May 31st, 2018, and mail the winner a $2500 check.
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college in pursuit of a associates degree, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree.
- If you’re a graduating high school senior, your GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- If you’re in college, your GPA must be 3.0 or above. If you’re in graduate school, you must either have a 2.5 GPA or above or a “Pass” in a Pass/Fail grading system.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff, but you can be related to someone who’s a pet sitter or dog walker on Rover.
Entry is subject to the official rules and conditions, which you can access here. As further set forth in the official rules, your entry grants us full permission to republish and otherwise freely use your entry materials and your name and likeness in order to promote Rover or other third parties.
Your essay will be judged based on:
- 50% = Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% = Relevance to prompt
- 15% = Quality of composition
- 5% = Grammatical accuracy
- Answer the scholarship question in 400 – 500 words (response must be written in English).
- Put your answer in a Google doc, with your name and year in college at the top (high school seniors allowed).
- Fill out the form.
- Submit by May 1st, 2018.
In 400 – 500 words, answer the following question:
Has technology caused you to feel more included in your community, or excluded?
They’re looking for essays that incorporate unique ideas, personal stories, and feelings about the role technology plays in your life.
Here are some questions to get you going:
- How do you use technology in your professional or academic life?
- How do you use technology in your social life? How do those around you use technology?
- Does technology assist or hinder your productivity?
- Are you required to use technology? In what ways?
Complete the application form.
For more information, visit Rover Scholarship.