Deadline: April 8, 2018
The Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) has partnered with Facebook to establish the Facebook Journalism Project Scholarship, which offers financial assistance for students who aspire to pursue a career in journalism and media. This partnership fosters AAJA’s and Facebook’s commitment to supporting quality journalism that strengthens and connects communities. Facebook has awarded AAJA $250,000 to provide $50,000 in scholarships across five years.
The Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit educational and professional organization with more than 1,600 members across the United States and Asia. Since its founding, AAJA has been at the forefront of change in the journalism industry.
- Five scholarships worth $10,000 each will be awarded to students to use toward their college tuition.
- Applicants must be committed to AAJA’s mission;
- Applicants must be currently enrolled juniors, seniors, or graduate students at an accredited university in the United States (proof of enrollment required);
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in digital media/journalism/communications;
- Applicants must display a commitment to storytelling as demonstrated by completed coursework, clips/work samples and letters of recommendation;
- Applicants are not required to be AAJA members, but selected scholarship recipients must sign up for student membership;
- Applicants may not apply for more than one Facebook Journalism Project Scholarship (i.e., similar Facebook Journalism Project scholarships offered by NAHJ, NAJA, or NLGJA);
- Candidates will be judged on the basis of demonstrated journalistic ability and commitment to the field of journalism.
You will be required to submit the following:
- Proof of current enrollment at your university
- A copy of your most recent transcript
- 3 – 5 work samples
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor or internship supervisor familiar with your work and who can attest to your career commitment
- Personal statement demonstrating your commitment to AAJA’s mission and the field of journalism
For more information, visit Facebook Journalism Project Scholarship.