Thomson Reuters Africa Rising Reporting Programme 2018 – Nairobi, Kenya (Funded)
Deadline: February 23, 2018
Applications are open for the Thomson Reuters Africa Rising Reporting Programme 2018. The workshop aims to equip journalists with the skills necessary to cover the economic and business trends. Led by seasoned Reuters’ journalists with deep experience, the course will show you how to make the link between money and people; and where to find new stories and sources.
Increasingly African business and social leaders are emphasising that the future of the continent lies in its own hands. But, is there adequate reporting about this and sufficient media attention to the strengthening entrepreneurial and innovative spirit? While analysing the challenges facing development, this intensive 3-day course explores the opportunities being seized by businesses and individuals in Africa, as well as the costs and benefits of foreign investment.
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is committed to fostering the highest standards of journalism worldwide. They believe accurate, impartial and independent journalism leads to better-informed societies. It holds power to account, strengthens the rule of law and contributes to economic and social development.
- Thomson Reuters Foundation can fund travel expenses and accommodation for participants travelling from outside Nairobi. This arrangement is subject to variation.
- Applicants must be African (East Africa and Southern Africa) full-time journalists or regular contributors to broadcast media organisations in Africa;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to a career in journalism in their country;
- Must be a senior journalist with a minimum of three years’ professional experience and have a good level in spoken and written English;
- If you have been on a Thomson Reuters Foundation training programme within the last two years you will not be eligible to apply.
When applying you will be asked to upload the following documents – please have these ready:
- 2 relevant work samples (maximum file size 5 MB) – in English if possible. For stories not in English, please include a 250-word English summary about the story.
- A letter from your editor consenting to your participation in the programme.
If you have any difficulties applying, please email [email protected]
For more information, visit Thomson Reuters Africa Rising Reporting Programme.