Deadline: June 14, 2018
The 2018 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition invites young PhD and postdoc researchers from any background and nationality to submit a research project to improve the sustainability of the food system. The goal of the contest is to find solutions to the food paradoxes, through innovative, practical and multi-disciplinary ideas.
The Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition (BCFN) focuses on young talents by supporting higher education and interdisciplinary research, to advance the knowledge base in food and sustainability. The Research Grant is intended to support researchers in the early stage of their career, who are pursuing or have completed a PhD, participating as individual or as a team. The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition encourages the participation of teams from different disciplines and/or countries who wish to combine their expertise in innovative approaches.
The award is a 20.000 € research grant applied to a one-year investigation. A maximum of three teams will be awarded the Research Grant.
BCFN encourages submission of:
- Either new or ongoing research projects;
- Either unfunded proposals projects that are co-financed by a research institute, trust, foundation, university, private companies, venture capital funds, angel investors. Details of research timeline and supplemental sources of financial support should be specified in the application form.
The BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition Jury will evaluate the proposals in two stages, with the assistance of additional members (experts in specific sectors) in those cases where the methodology warrants. The proposals will be judged on:
- Consistency with the topic areas and the BCFN Foundation’s mission;
- Significance of the problem;
- Design of the study;
- Actionability, outcomes and impact;
- The investigator’s qualifications (possession of the requisite skills);
- The appropriateness of the schedule and the likelihood that the work will be accomplished on time;
- Budget allocation;
- Completeness of the application.
The submission requires application completed in English, in each part exclusively on the BCFN Website. Proposals and documents submitted by email will not be accepted.
For more information, visit BCFN YES! Research Grant.