Deadline: April 30, 2018
Are you inventing a world of solidarity? Apply now for the Student Solidarity Award 2018 and receive the support of Veolia Foundation. The Student Solidarity Awards encourages initiative taking and involvement of higher education students in solidarity and non-profit making projects.
The award gives priority to innovation in sustainable development and must be related to any of the Foundation’s three main fields: International Development Assistance, Social Bonds and pathways towards employment, Protection of the environment and biodiversity.
Winners will receive
- Financial support in the form of a grant: depending on the requirements and specific features of each project, the jury shares a total grant of 15,000 euros between the three winners. The grant to the first prize winner may be smaller than the one to the second and/or the third.
- Technical support in the form of expertise, through the employee sponsorship program involving the employees of the Veolia group in France and internationally.
- Open to student associations in higher education establishments or several establishments grouped together in the framework of a joint project
- Projects should be from countries where Veolia Group operates in Africa-Middle East, Europe
- The following projects are not eligible
- Temporary projects (exhibitions, demonstrations, symposia, events), even if oriented toward outreach or environmental conservation
- Artistic and cultural projects
- Travel projects without any concrete objectives or achievement
- Projects already completed before June 2017
- Africa – Middle East: Gulf Countries and Saudi Arabia
- Asia: China, India, Japan, Singapore, South Korea
- Europe: Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and U.K.
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Peru
- North America
Projects will be selected based on the following:
- Quality of the application
- Professionalism of the proposed approach
- Type of aid sought
The applications are examined as they arrive by a team of permanent employees of the Veolia Foundation, who shortlist the projects. A jury of six members (two representatives of the Veolia Foundation, one representative of the Veolia Campus, two representatives of the Veolia Environnement human resources department and two representatives of schools and universities) meet together and select the three best projects.
In order to apply to the Foundation, create an account here.
For more information, visit Veolia Foundation Student Solidarity Award.