World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2018 for Ethiopians, Sudanese and South Sudanese
Deadline: April 16, 2018
The World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2018 is open for Ethiopians, Sudanese and South Sudanese. Now in its fourth year, the #Blog4Dev series is a writing competition in which young people compete and submit written solutions on a topical challenge. It tests creativity, innovation, and looks for something with the potential of being scaled-up. It also helps engage youth become integral to the development process in their countries.
This year, the World Bank wants to have your thoughts on Promoting Gender Equity and Ending Gender-Based Violence in Ethiopia, Sudan and South Sudan for a chance to win a Laptop or a Samsung Tablet.
Gender-Based Violence (GBV): Affecting as many as one in every three women, GBV is a global epidemic, which includes serious violations against women and girls, but also those directed against men and boys. GBV comes in many forms—physical violence, rape and other forms of sexual assault, child marriage and any type of forced marriage; female genital mutilation, human trafficking, and even denying someone basic services on the basis of their gender. GBV knows no socio-economic or national boundaries, and has a negative impact on a nation’s well-being. Promoting gender equity and preventing gender-based violence is key to building a better, more inclusive future for everyone in Ethiopia, Sudan and South Sudan.
To make gender equality a reality and end gender-based violence, every opinion counts. Tell us, in no more than 600 words: What will it take to promote gender equity and end gender-based violence in your country?
The first two ranked winners of the contest in each country will receive prizes.
- First place winner: Laptop
- Second place winner: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
All winning blogs will be published on the World Bank Africa Nasikiliza blog, and promoted on World Bank social media channels.
- Must be Ethiopian, Sudanese or South Sudanese national residing in your home country
- Must be aged between 18-28 years.
The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Potential for scale-up
- Submissions must be original and well-written in English
- The deadline for submissions is April 16, 2018 11:59 pm Washington DC time. Late submissions will be automatically disqualified.
- The blog/essay length should be no more than 600 words. Longer entries will be disqualified.
- Only one submission per entrant will be allowed.
Submit your entry by April 16, 2018 here: http://wrld.bg/qyC430iQsKW
Submissions through email or mail post are not acceptable
For more information, visit World Bank #Blog4Dev.