Thomson Reuters Foundation Diversity and Resilience European Forum 2018 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Apply for the Thomson Reuters Foundation Diversity and Resilience European Forum 2018. This workshop, from August 25-31, 2018 in the unique setting of the Austrian Alps, will help you look more closely at the impact of rapid technological and social change on the lives of communities back home. It is an opportunity for you to join and inform the debate on the way forward and to encourage your readers, listeners and viewers to join that debate and make their voices heard.
Each year, the forum brings together thinkers from across the generational and ideological divide in Europe to network and explore the challenges and potential solutions. During the workshop, they will look back at the unintended consequences of the Industrial or Green Revolutions and forward to the likely consequences of the digital, genetic and technological revolutions. They will also explore what diversity and resilience mean in relation to topics that make headlines on a daily basis.
- The visa, travel, accommodation costs and participation fee of journalists participating in this programme will be covered.
- Professional journalists from Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) EU member states are eligible. Possible countries are: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia;
- Journalists working in any medium may apply – print, radio, TV, online
- Journalists should have a minimum of one year’s experience in the profession;
- You should either be working full-time for a media organisation, or a freelancer whose main work is journalism.
- Participants will commit to writing one article that will be published in their media (regional, national language)
When applying you will be asked to upload the following documents – please have these ready:
- 2 work samples (maximum file size 5 MB)
- A letter from your editor consenting to your participation in the programme and committing to publish/broadcast at least one story.
- In the case of freelancers, your application should be accompanied by a letter from a media house that publishes your work and expresses interest in publishing or broadcasting a piece from the Forum.
For more information, visit Thomson Reuters Foundation Diversity and Resilience European Forum.