Deadline: June 14, 2018
The Cultural Diplomacy Platform invites applications for the Global Cultural Leadership Programme (GCLP) 2018. Are you a young cultural manager/practitioner looking to develop and strengthen your cultural leadership skills? Are you excited to be part of a growing international network of young cultural professionals? The third edition of the Global Cultural Leadership Programme (GCLP) is made for you!
The GCLP is the main training component of the Cultural Diplomacy Platform. Its main objective is to support young cultural managers emerging on the international scene, and coming from the 10 Strategic Partners of the European Union as well as from EU Member States, in developing and strengthening their cultural leadership skills.
Through its framework, content and methodology, the GCLP specifically aims to improve the skills of cultural managers, as well as develop collaborative peer-to-peer learning and network building. The programme offers a set of learning modules, tools and manuals for practice-based learning, giving participants opportunities to build meaningful collaborations at the global level, and enabling them to develop fresh insights into international cultural collaboration practices.
The activities of the GCLP will, inter alia, address the managerial practicalities of establishing sustainable cultural exchanges, build long-term collaboration based on people-to-people contacts, and engage in productive co-creation processes. They will engage participants in an experience of international networking in a lean, practice-based and easily replicable learning framework.
This third edition of the GCLP will take place in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, from 27 October to 2 November 2018 (arrivals October on 27 and departures on 2 November). Travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the Cultural Diplomacy Platform.
- Open to outstanding cultural managers from Brazil, Canada, China, Japan, India, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea and the USA (3 participants from each of these 10 countries), as well as from the 28 Member States of the European Union (10 participants, each from a different EU country).
- The preferred age range is 25-39 years old, but outstanding applications from candidates a few (max. 3) years younger or older may also be considered eligible by the jury
- The participants to the GCLP 2018 will come from different fields of relevant cultural practice in their respective countries and represent sectors that are specifically interested in reaching out with their work globally.
- The professional experience of the candidates is an important criteria for the selection of the final participants. The jury will be looking for candidates who are currently working for a cultural organisation/enterprise/institution, with 3 to 5 years of professional experience already.
Candidates should have professional experience related to:
- work for a cultural civil society organisation (NGO), a cultural enterprise (social or for profitmaking) or a public cultural institution (such as museums, libraries, or music venues that operate on local, regional and national levels),
- have (some) previous experience in international networking and cultural exchange and have relevant working experience in the field of 3 to 5 years,
- are working in a field or position that allows them to act as local/national multipliers of new leadership knowledge and global cultural networking,
- hold a relevant (leading) position in their organisation.
Candidates who would not fit these requirements would not be considered as eligible.
Candidates who wish to be considered for participation in the third edition of the GCLP must submit their application via the application form below.
Complete the application form.
For more information, visit Global Cultural Leadership Programme.