Global Fund for Community Foundations Grants Program 2018 (up to $20,000)
Deadline: July 20, 2018
Is your organization a community philanthropy organization (CPO) or a community foundation? Are you interested in shifting power and control closer to communities so that people have greater say – and the opportunity to act – when it comes to driving their own development or recognizing, valuing, and growing local assets and resources as a central pillar of community-owned and community-led development? Apply for the Global Fund for Community Foundations (GFCF) Grants Program 2018.
The GFCF is inviting concept notes for a grants programme aimed at strengthening and supporting community philanthropy approaches that:
- Strengthen the efforts of CPOs to respond to, change mindsets around and build support for complex, sensitive or apparently intractable issues at the community level (e.g. social cohesion and other community divisions, environmental issues, women’s issues, youth, other minority rights, marginalized and vulnerable communities etc.)
- Strengthen the overall durability and effectiveness of CPOs as trusted and rooted vehicles for people-led, people owned development (whether around grantmaking systems, governance and management structures, fund development and sustainability, communications platforms, etc.).
- Grants will be in the range of USD $10,000 – $20,000 (size will depend on annual budget, nature of activities and whether the organization is already known to the GFCF);
- Grants will be for an initial period of one year (follow-on funding may be possible);
- Participation in a learning network / grantee convening may be a condition of the grant.
- Open to CPOs (including community foundations, women’s funds, environmental funds, national public foundations, grassroots grantmakers, etc.);
- Applicants should be grantmakers who are mobilizing local resources and/or attempting to build a culture of philanthropy in their community;
- CPOs based in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Central and Eastern Europe, or Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Past grant recipients and applicants are welcome to apply
The GFCF uses a two-step application process.
- Submit a concept note by July 20, 2018. This is the first step in the process but does not guarantee an invitation to submit a proposal
- Invitation to submit a full application. Due to funding limitations not all organizations will be invited to this second stage.
To apply, please submit an online grant inquiry. Alternatively, applicants may submit a preliminary concept note of no more than one page by e-mail to Wendy Richardson via [email protected] at the GFCF. This note should include responses to each of the fields contained in the online grant inquiry form.
For more information, visit Global Fund for Community Foundations Grants.