Nominations Open: UNESCO-supported GAPMIL Global Media and Information Literacy Awards 2018
Deadline: September 12, 2018
Nominations are open for the UNESCO-supported GAPMIL Global Media and Information Literacy Awards 2018. The GAPMIL Awards will recognize information/library, media and technology specialists, educators, artists, activists, researchers, policy makers, NGOs, associations and other groups integrating MIL (media and information literacy) in an innovative way in their work and related activities.
Specifically, the awards will recognize excellence and leadership in five sectors:
- Media and communication/information sectors.
For 2018, the GAPMIL Global MIL Awards are led by GAPMIL and the Media and Information Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue University Network (MILID) with the support of UNESCO, UNAOC, Vytautas Magnus University, and University of Latvia.
Nominees are expected to be champions and promoters of Media and Information Literacy (MIL) in connection with one or more of the following areas:
- Cultural, ethnic and gender equality;
- Diversity and pluralism;
- Tolerance, peace and efforts aimed at countering hate;
- Intercultural/interreligious dialogue and equality;
- Freedom of expression, access to or right to information;
- International cooperation on MIL.
In addition, nominees should be supporters of critical, constructive spaces for knowledge sharing, research and debate. Please note that this list is not exhaustive; others areas will be considered as well.
The work of the award winners may also be related to one or more of the following fields, which are central tenets of the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Peace building
- Economic development
- Environmental sustainability
- Fundamental rights
- Poverty reduction
- Cultural diversity
- Describe how the nominee’s work and activities impact specific groups or society at large.
- Describe how the nominee’s practices do influence or could influence the media and Information Literacy field at large, in a local or global context.
- Provide links to pictures, video clips or testimonials and any other published content (if appropriate) produced by the nominee.
For more information, visit GAPMIL Award.