12th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition: Beat Air Pollution
Deadline: September 2, 2019
Samsung Engineering jointly with UN environment invite entries for the 12th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition. They are inviting youth all over the world to raise awareness on the theme of the upcoming World Environment Day – Beat Air Pollution.
As many of you know, World Environment Day is the United Nations flagship day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment. Since it began in 1974, the event has grown to become a global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated in over 100 countries.
To commemorate WED and its annual theme, Eco-generation would like to celebrate the bigger and better WED than ever and to call on Tunza Eco-generation members around the world to show their will to act on “Beat Air Pollution” for our future generations by writing an essay. It also aims to collect inspiring and creative ideas on why we should reduce air pollution by requiring them to think about diverse ways that we can help to combat air pollution.
- UN Environment Prize: e-Certificate & Samsung Tab S (1 Person)
- Samsung Engineering Prize: e-Certificate & Samsung Tab A (2 People)
- Eco-generation Prize: e-Certificate & Samsung Galaxy Buds (3 People)
- Honorable Mentions: e-Certificate (20 People)
- Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 14 and 24
- No entry fee is required.
- All entries must be original works, in English.
- Each entrant may submit only one essay.
- All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
- Plagiarism and off topic will result in disqualification.
- Entries should not have been previously published in professional media.
- Entries must be from 800 to 1000 words in length. This does not include referencing such as footnotes and bibliography.
- Entrants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essay online.
- All entries must be double spaced in Times New Roman 12pt, with numbered pages in one of the following formats. All other formats will be disqualified.
– MS Word
– Word Perfect
- The personal information in the entry must be correct. If the competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.) the prize will be canceled and be automatically given to the next runner-up.
- The decisions of the judges are final and are entirely their own and in no part represents the opinion of Samsung Engineering.
- At the discretion of the judges, all well-written essays may be published on the relevant Websites.
- Samsung Engineering and UN environment reserve First Serial Rights on all submissions. All other rights to the essay remain in the property of the author.
Click the Application form tab and write about ‘your motivation to join the competition’ (50 words max) in the ‘Content’ box and attach your essay file in the attachments column and then click ‘Submit.’
For more information, visit Eco-generation.