Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships 2020 at Curtin University
Deadline: September 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships 2020. The scholarships are intended for suitably qualified students to undertake a Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) at Curtin University. The purpose of the RTP Scholarship is to attract top quality postgraduate students to the University so they can receive high quality research training that will contribute to the research and educational excellence of the university.
These scholarships are funded by the Australian Government and cover one or more of the following types of support:
- Tuition fees offset for up to 4 years (full time load) depending of course and mode of study;
- A stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking HDR study; and/or
- An RTP allowance to assist students with ancillary costs which may include:
- for overseas students, a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Department of Health which covers the student and may cover their spouse and any dependants;
- Relocation costs to undertake a HDR at Curtin University; and/or
- HDR thesis printing and applicable publication costs.
- The 2019 value of the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) was $27,596 pa (indexed annually). The 2020 value will be released by the Australian Government in October 2019.
- Open to the following applicants:
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Applicants must be a current or future student, either domestic or international; and
- Satisfy the entry requirements or be already admitted into a Masters by Research or Research Doctorate at Curtin University including meeting the Curtin University English proficiency levels.
Applicants will be assessed against the following metrics:
- Basis of admission;
- Academic qualifications;
- Achievement of candidacy;
- Work-related research experience;
- Academic accomplishments;
- Research and creative outputs of demonstrable quality;
- Referee report; and
- Strategic aligned projects.
For more information, visit RTP Scholarships.