LafargeHolcim Awards Competition 2019/2020 (USD $2,000,000 Prize money)
Deadline: February 25, 2020
Applications are open for the LafargeHolcim Awards Competition 2019/2020. The Awards seek leading projects of professionals as well as bold ideas from the Next Generation that combine sustainable construction solutions with architectural excellence. The Awards foreground projects and concepts from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials science, construction technology, and related fields.
The total prize money for each cycle of the LafargeHolcim Awards competition (regional and global levels) is USD 2 million.
- LafargeHolcim Awards main category: The total prize money for each of the five regional LafargeHolcim Awards competitions is USD 330,000 including USD 260,00 in the main category:
- LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 100,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 50,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 30,000
- 4 x LafargeHolcim Awards Acknowledgement prizes of USD 20,000 each
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation category: The total prize money for each of the five regional LafargeHolcim Awards competitions is USD 330,000 including USD 70,00 in the Next Generation category:
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 1st prize USD 25,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 2nd prize USD 20,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 3rd prize USD 15,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 4th prize USD 10,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards: The 15 recipients of regional LafargeHolcim Awards Gold, Silver and Bronze are automatically nominated for the Global LafargeHolcim Awards in 2020. The prize money of the Global LafargeHolcim Awards competition is USD 350,000:
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 150,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 100,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 50,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Wild Card from a budget of USD 50,000
- The Main Awards category is open to architects, engineers, planners, project owners, builders and construction firms for projects at an advanced stage of design with high probability of execution.
- The Next Generation category for young professionals and students up to 30 years of age seeks visions and bold ideas.
- In both categories, execution of the project may not have started before January 1, 2019.
The “target issues” for sustainable construction serve as evaluation criteria:
- Innovation and transferability – Progress
- Ethical standards and social inclusion – People
- Resource and environmental performance – Planet
- Economic viability and compatibility – Prosperity
- Contextual and aesthetic impact – Place
For more information, LafargeHolcim Awards.