ACT Foundation Grant 2020 for Non-profit Organizations and Social Enterprises
Deadline: October 31st, 2019
The 2020 ACT Foundation Grant Call for Application is now open. Calling on non-profit organizations and social enterprises in the areas of health, entrepreneurship, environment and leadership! Are you creative, innovative and passionate about improving human capacity and development? Do you have ideas that can change the business landscape in Africa? Apply now!
Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a grant making organization established in 2016 to support local, national and regional non – profit organizations working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent. ACT Foundation supports organizations in the non -profit sector through Grant Making and Capacity Building and Training.
- Health: ACT Foundation is avid about contributing to the development of a healthy and productive nation. We believe that if individuals live healthy lives then they can be empowered to lift themselves out of poverty and be productive members of the society. They will support organizations that focus on health initiatives such as Malaria, Cancer (Breast Cervical and Prostrate), Maternal and Child Health. Such initiatives could involve Education, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management.
- Entrepreneurship: ACT Foundation will support initiatives that improve the lives of individuals and families through Income generation and economic empowerment. This can include projects that provide access to funds (grants, products) for MSMEs and provide vital business trainings as well as technical assistance to aid entrepreneurs start up or expand their businesses so as to improve their livelihoods and generate jobs. Projects should be targeted at Low income families and Micro, Small and medium sized Enterprises.
- Environment: The foundation will partner with non – profit organizations with a focus on critical environmental problems in Nigeria such as, Water and Sanitation (Waste Management).
- Leadership: The foundation recognizes that we have leadership challenges as a nation and there is a need to build a new generation of credible, accountable and ethical leaders who will propel the continent towards sustainable economic development. They will support organizations with a focus on developing the leadership skills of individuals particularly Youth, in Governance, economic development, organizational and professional development. They will also partner on initiatives that promote thought leadership and national development.
- If you are a Nigerian organization applying for this grant, the organization must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission for a least TWO years (24 months).
- If you are an organization within Africa, applying for this grant, your organization should be registered with the appropriate legal entity within your respective countries for not less than TWO years (24 months).
- Must be legally registered as a nonprofit organization.(GTE/LTD). However, if you are applying as a social enterprise, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit.
- ACT Foundation will not fund any nonprofit whose official bank account name is different from the name of the organization.
- It is required that you show a strong governance structure. Kindly note that the details of the board of directors should reflect in the company’s registration documents. If not, please update.
- You will be required to show evidence of other sources of funding.
- You be required to show audited financial report of no longer than two years before the application to receive funds.
- Organization must show track record of past projects and work done within the ACT Foundation focus area of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Environment.
- Proposed projects/programs must have a maximum life cycle of 12 months i.e. it must be executed and completed within 6 to 12 months.
- The organization applying is required to have a minimum staff strength of 3 part time/full time paid Individuals.
- The organization is required to be open to an independent audit of the disbursed grants by the Foundation.
- Be a non-profit/non-governmental organization registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is implementing;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- Program/Initiative must be implemented in within Africa;
- Program must be innovative and impact driven;
In order to be eligible for the ACT Foundation grant, applicants MUST:
- Be a Non-profit/Non-governmental organization registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is implementing.
- Have been registered not less than two (2) years.
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of any proposed project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary.
- Implement the Program/Initiative in Nigeria or within Africa.
- Propose a project that is innovative and impact driven.
- Propose a program whose duration should be within a maximum of 12 months.
- All proposed Project start dates should not be earlier than April 2020.
- ACT Foundation provides funding support to non-profit organization and social enterprise only through its annual grant application process. Unsolicited applications or proposals for funding will not be considered.
- The grant application process is an online process therefore email application, hard copy application or any form of funding request will not be accepted. We advise that you read the Grant guideline & Eligibility criteria on our website carefully prior to completing the form.
- The Application process is open to Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), community groups/ community based organizations, charitable organizations, and faith-based organizations/foundations.
- The form should be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m (GMT+1 / W.A.T), October 31st 2019.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will be automatically rejected.
- Please note that only successful organizations will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to download and PRE-FILL the application template from the ACT website to ensure that they understand all relevant requirements before proceeding to fill the online form.
- Once an applicant begins filling the online form, they MUST ensure that they complete and SUBMIT the form before exiting the webpage AS FORMS CAN NOT BE SAVED for later referencing.
- DOUBLE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED AND SHALL ATTRACT AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION
For more information, visit ACT Foundation Grant.