Call for Applications: Rise Up South Africa Gender Equity Initiative 2020
Deadline: October 28, 2019
Rise Up is pleased to launch a call for applications for the 2020 Gender Equity Initiative (GEI) in South Africa! They invite applications from civil society, grassroots, community-based, and non-profit organization leaders based in Gauteng Province and Durban to participate in Rise Up’s GEI program and be part of the first cohort of Rise Up leaders in South Africa.
GEI is a non-stipend program offering selected leaders the opportunity to:
- Participate in the no-cost week-long residential Rise Up Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator workshop between February 2-9, 2020 to strengthen their skills in girl and women-centered advocacy, leadership, and proposal development and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
- Apply for competitive seed funding to launch their advocacy strategies.
- Join a dynamic global network of diverse leaders working to improve the lives of women and girls everywhere.
- Be leaders between the ages of 18 and 60 years old. All genders welcome!
- Be current residents based in Gauteng Province or Durban, South Africa.
- Have a personal interest and commitment to promoting changes in government systems, programs, laws and policies affecting economic and educational opportunities, human rights, social justice and equity, health, and welfare of women and girls in the counties.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Girls’ Education
- Youth Development
- Economic empowerment, microcredit, or poverty alleviation
- Gender equity
- Human rights
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Community mobilization & development
- Media and communications
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Women’s civic engagement and political participation
- Racial justice
- Environmental justice and climate change
- Currently work at a non-profit organization, NGO, grassroots organization, media or government organization at a level of coordination or management and have some level of decision-making power.*
- Have the support of the leadership of the organization to participate in a training week from February 2-9, 2020
Interested qualified applicants should use online application form to submit an application along with a curriculum vitae or resume. If you have difficulty filling out the online application, download the application (in PDF or Word) and email your completed application form and curriculum vitae/resume to Lindelwe Mapurisa, Rise Up’s South Africa Project Coordinator, at [email protected]
For more information, visit South Africa Gender Equity Initiative.