U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar Calls for Application: American Film Showcase Interactive Media Exchange Program 2020
Deadline: December 13, 2019
The U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar is inviting applications for the American Film Showcase Interactive Media Exchange Program 2020. The American Film Showcase (AFS) has partnered with the largest music and film festival in the U.S., South by Southwest (SXSW), to bring 5 international filmmakers to the annual SXSW Conference and Festival in Austin, Texas in March 2020.
Selected filmmakers’ time at the festival will be devoted primarily to the Convergence Track, which focuses on use of interactive media through Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Mixed Reality (MR). Participants will receive conference and festival passes and a specially curated SXSW experience. Activities will include networking events, targeted meetings, access to talks, and interactive demos.
- American Film Showcase (AFS) will cover all costs.
- Open to Mongolians. The U.S. Embassy, Ulaanbaatar will shortlist and nominate up to two filmmakers from Mongolia for the exchange program.
- Ideal candidates:
- Fluent in English
- Fiction or documentary directors who have already produced at least two shorts films, or one feature-length film.
- Directors with current or future projects that incorporate interactive elements.
Selection will be based on the quality of the personal statement, relevance of the filmmaker’s goals with the content of the exchange, filmmaking examples, and the virtual interview. AFS will select a group of filmmakers who best represent the diversity of our AFS countries and the program’s mission and objectives.
The following documents are required for application:
- Resume / CV
- Online link/s to previously produced fiction and documentary work. (Short clips okay.)
- One-page personal statement from the candidate that includes basic personal information as well as an explanation of what they hope to gain from the exchange.
- One-page summary of film project including interactive elements.
After reviewing the submitted materials, AFS and the ECA will create a short list and then conduct Skype phone conversations with filmmakers in order to make the final selection of five participants.
Complete applications must be emailed to the following email address by or before December 13, 2019: [email protected]; with the subject line as Re: American Film Showcase Interactive Media Exchange at SXSW
For more information, visit AFS Interactive Media Exchange.