Kamal Adham Fellowship 2020 for Television and Digital Journalism at American University in Cairo
Deadline: April 15, 2020
Applications are open for the Kamal Adham Fellowship 2020 for Television and Digital Journalism. The fellowship is designed to attract deserving and qualified graduates of Journalism and Mass Communication programs as well as professionals in mid-career television and digital journalism positions who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) towards a one and a half year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at American University in Cairo.
The duration of the fellowship is two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance. A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once.
- The fellowship covers partial tuition fees for a maximum of eight credits per semester
- May cover prerequisite courses and one semester of intensive English language courses as needed
- Book allowance per semester
- Student services and activities fees (bus fees)
- Fellows are assigned up to 20 hours per week of related academic or technical work
- Open to all nationalities
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0
- Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities and professionals in the broadcasting industry
- Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism
- An interview with the program director is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential and communication skills
- Show financial need
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Complete and submit the Online Fellowship Application
For more information, visit Kamal Adham Fellowship.