12th International TRT Documentary Awards 2020 for Film-makers (up to €10,000)
Deadline: February 7, 2020
Applications for the 12th International TRT Documentary Awards 2020 are now open. The competition aims to support the amateur and professional documentary film makers, to enable audiences to view documentary films from various countries and to form the groundwork where documentary film-makers will meet and exchange their ideas.
The 12th edition of the event will be held in June in İstanbul and it presents various workshops, special events and meetings as well as the competition which is open to all documentary film makers eligible to enter. The participation is free.
The TRT Documentary Awards is held in two main categories, namely National and International competitions. Participants shall fill in and sign their application forms according to their competition categories. Participants are allowed to compete only in one category with the same film.
The National Competition is held in two sub-categories, namely “Student Films” and “Professional”. Participants shall indicate in their application forms in which category they will compete. A film-maker, albeit with different films, shall not compete in both categories at the same time.
The language of the National Category competition is Turkish. If the documentaries entering the National Competition feature languages other than Turkish, a Turkish-dubbed or subtitled copy shall be submitted to TRT.
- Student Films Category
- The participation in Student Films Category is limited exclusively to those who are students at the production date of the film. The participants shall document their student status at the time of application.
- The length of documentary films that enter the National Competition in the Student Films Category must be a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 60 minutes.
- Professional Films Category
- The length of documentary films that enter the National Competition in the Professional Category must be a minimum of 20 minutes.
- The length of documentary films that enter the International Competition must be a minimum of 25 minutes.
- The language of the International Category Competition is English. If documentary films that enter the International Competition are in languages other than English or feature different languages than English, an English dubbed or subtitled copy shall be submitted to the Competition.
- The Best Documentary Award: €10,000 (Ten thousand Euros)
- Special Prize: €7,500 (Seven thousand five hundred Euros)
- Special Prize: €5,000 (Five thousand Euros)
- Open to all documentary film-makers
- Applicants can be from any part of the world.
For more information, visit TRT Documentary Awards.