Amgen Scholars Asia Program 2020 for Undergraduate Students (Funding available)
Deadline: February 3, 2020
Applications for the Amgen Scholars Asia Program 2020 are now open. The Amgen Scholars Program provides hundreds of selected undergraduate students with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on research experience at many of the world’s leading educational institutions.
The Program seeks to increase learning and networking opportunities for students committed to pursuing science or engineering careers and to spark the interest and broaden the perspective of students considering scientific careers. Ultimately, the Program aims to increase the number of students pursuing advanced training and careers in the sciences.
The Amgen Scholars Asia Program is hosted at four premier universities in Asia: two in Japan (Kyoto University and The University of Tokyo), one in Singapore (National University of Singapore, NUS) and one in the People’s Republic of China (Tsinghua University).
Areas of Focus
Areas of potential focus include any disciplines related to the discovery, development, manufacture and delivery of human therapeutics, as well as the overall biomedical and biotechnology enterprise.
Applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter.
Asia Program applicants must also have:
- A strong record of academic performance; and
- A good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, and
- An interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
Information about applying to each host university is available by following the appropriate links to the host universities’ respective applications:
- Kyoto University (Japan)
- National University of Singapore
- The University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Tsinghua University (China)
For more information, visit Amgen Scholars Asia Program.