Call for Applications to attend 2020 Youth-Led Solutions Summit in San Francisco, USA (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 2, 2020
The Africa Alliance of YMCAs (AAYMCA) invites youth from the YMCA to apply to participate in a Youth-Led Solutions Summit scheduled to take place from June 21-25, 2020 in San Francisco, USA and facilitated by the World Alliance of YMCAs.
The theme for the Summit is “From Subject to Citizen: African Youth Claiming their Space, Influencing for Positive Transformation.”
The Africa Alliance of YMCAs (AAYMCA) is the largest pan-African youth network established in 1977, bringing together YMCAs in 20 African countries by empowering Young People for the African Renaissance. They espouse the Subject to Citizen (S2C) change philosophy by providing youth with Voice, Space and Ability to influence for positive change, enabling them to transform themselves, others and their communities.
- All expenses shall be catered for by the World Alliance of YMCAs (including Accommodation, flight and visa).
Participants must be:
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old
- Dedicated youth leader with a good level of demonstrable engagement in local community activities leading change. Previous involvement as S2C Ambassador, Young Advocate for Change necessary
- A registered member of the YMCA
- Vibrant, creative, innovative and energetic youth who is capable of creative thinking, writing and speech
- Write and speak fluent English
- Holding a valid passport and is available to travel in June
- A Member of one of the following National Movements: South Africa, Cameroon, Ghana, Togo, Ethiopia, Zambia, Madagascar and Liberia
Young people living with disabilities are specifically encouraged to apply.
All entries must be sent via email to the Programmes Executive, Africa Alliance of YMCAs via [email protected]
For more information, visit AAYMCA.