Right Livelihood College International Workshop Scholarship 2020 for African PhD Students (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 29, 2020
Applications are open for the Right Livelihood College International Workshop Scholarship 2020 for African PhD Students. The RLC Campus at ZEF, University of Bonn, Germany, offers scholarships for PhD students from Africa to participate in the international workshop on “Pathways of Environmental Justice in sub-Saharan Africa”, May 9-14, 2020, in Bonn.
The workshop will focus on current research and practices concerned with environmental justice and conflict in Sub-Saharan Africa. The topic will be tackled in a transdisciplinary way, combining case studies from environmental, social and economic sciences with best practice examples from civil society action and agency.
The workshop will target the following objectives:
- To strengthen knowledge and understanding of concepts of environmental justice and conflict in a development context,
- To critically assess the situation from environmental, social and economic development perspectives,
- To present own case studies concerned, and
- To promote transmission of expertise and experience between PhD students, environmental scholars, and ‘Alternative Nobel Prize’ Laureates
- The scholarships will cover all costs for international and national travel, hotel accommodation, catering, and working materials. The workshop will be embedded in a variety of social and cultural side-events.
- Open to PhD students from sub-Sahara Africa who conduct topic-related research from disciplines such as environmental sciences, development studies, ecology, or geography. Preferably in the middle/ end of their studies.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Women applications are particularly welcome.
Your application should consist of:
- Completed online application form
- 300 word abstract (in English) of your PhD project and a CV
For more information, visit Right Livelihood College.