Women’s Regional Network (WRN) is hiring a Regional Coordinator for South Asia
Deadline: April 20, 2020
The Women’s Regional Network (WRN) is looking to hire a Regional Coordinator (RC) for South Asia. This is a leadership position, combining administrative, project, human resources and knowledge management responsibilities.
Women’s Regional Network (WRN) is a collaborative network of women from the civil society organizations in South Asia (Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka) created to initiate, lead and take action in addressing issues of security and peace in the sub region of South Asia as they impact women’s lives in the region significantly. The core purpose of WRN is to amplify the voices of unheard, marginalized women and with them address the interlinked issues of peace, militarization, security, justice and governance in South Asia.
The WRN Regional Coordinator’s role is to manage and oversee all operations of the network including but not limited to: programmatic, financial, staff and internal governance.
The Regional Coordinator supports the WRN Board and Core Group members in all 4 countries in achieving their plans to build enduring and productive relationships in South Asia. The RC plays an essential role in facilitating women leaders to learn from each other’s challenges, construct common agendas across borders and identify and pursue ways to collaborate and advance common goals to ensure women’s concerns and voices are included in the highest levels of dialogue.
The WRN RC will also engage a network of global champions who support women in South Asia to meet these critical issues with greater resilience. The RC thus serves as the face of the network, representing the network in various platforms for advocacy, visibility of the network and increase the credibility and understanding of the network.
The RC’s primary duties include the following:
- Board Liaison and Team Management
- Programmatic Development
- Create New Knowledge
- Regional and Global Strategizing Leadership
- Strengthening the Governance Structure
- Budget and Report Monitoring
- Public Relations and Event Management
The RC’s position requires travel within South Asia to meet with the Country Coordinators, the Core Group members and to oversee and coordinate the work of the Core Groups in each country. Other travel may be required in South Asia or internationally to meet with potential funders, relevant policy makers and other stakeholders in the arena of peace and security in South Asia.
Wide Travel, Regional Coordination, Growth, Learning and Experience
Regional Coordinator Candidate Profile Overview:
- Senior person, seasoned expert 10+ years of experience in senior management
- Demonstrated thematic expertise with forced displacement or technical expertise as a lawyer or other relevant expertise.
- Strong feminist perspective and experience of working in national/regional /international women’s organization.
- Existing connections to the policymakers and ability to improve the advocacy component of the WRN
- Good connections with the leaders of various people’s movements
- Ability to travel within South Asia and globally
- Ability to cultivate new funders, particularly in South Asia
- Excellent command of English (writing, reading, speaking)
Do apply with your detailed CV, including a list of 2 references, along with the last salary drawn the last date for applying by 20 April 2020.
Email your application to them at [email protected].
For more information, visit Women’s Regional Network.