French Institute of South Africa (IFAS) Innovative Storytelling Residency Program 2020
Deadline: September 1, 2020
Have you ever heard of a WhatsApp Book? Are you ready to experiment and collaborate on a multidisciplinary project? All you need is a story! The French Institute of South Africa (IFAS) is looking for an original idea for a story/scenario to be developed in order to create a WhatsApp Book.
The selected story project will be developed in collaboration with other artists of various fields (visual art, film, sound, theatre, digital art) during a creative residency that will take place in October 2020. Due to the COVID-19 crisis this collaborative residency will happen remotely and therefore participants from any region of South Africa can participate.
The successful applicant will see their project developed by a team of creatives under the mentoring of french multimedia production experts. The successful applicant will receive a compensation fee as well as a fee for the story copyright. The WhatsApp Book will be presented to the public in November 2020 during the Novembre Numérique programme.
- Have their work published at least once (book, newspaper, blog, TV series or film);
- Be English-speaking;
- Be South-African citizens or permanent residents;
- Be willing to work with digital mediums;
- Be open to collaboration and mentorship;
- Be available to develop the project during the month of October 2020.
Prospective writers must submit:
- A maximum one-page letter of motivation,
- A CV
- A script sample in English of no more than a combined 5 pages, preferably demonstrating an ability to write for teenagers in the action, comedy or romantic comedy genre.
- Certificate of authenticity. Download here.
All the documents should be sent to [email protected] with “Innovative Storytelling” as the subject.
For more information, visit French Institute of South Africa.