Future Ready ASEAN Competition on Data Science 2020
Deadline: September 11, 2020
Applications are open for the Future Ready ASEAN Competition on Data Science 2020. The Future Ready ASEAN Competition is a competition which targets ASEAN youth aged 15 to 35 who have been trained on the Future Ready ASEAN platform to apply what they have learnt on data science.
The competition will require you to find a solution in data science related to ASEAN culture and heritage. The use of the coding language Python or Microsoft’s business analytics application Power BI is required.
The Theme of the competition is “Let’s use data science to understand and promote ASEAN culture and heritage, which includes historical aspects of art, culture, dance, music and theatre.”
Finalists will represent their country and provide a presentation over a live-webinar on their theme, findings and technical work completed in early October 2020.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- Champion: USD $1,500
- 1st Runner Up: USD $1,000
- 2nd Runner Up: USD $500
- Open to all ASEAN youth aged 15 to 35;
- Girls are encouraged to apply.
- Team submissions with 2 participants and 1 mentor are required.
- Only 1 submission is permitted per team.
- Mentors can manage more than 1 team.
- All participants and mentors are required to register on the FutureReadyASEAN website as a user and obtain the following:
- Digital Citizen – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Dream Team Player – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Data Wizard – advanced level badge (blue belt)
- Social Innovator – beginner level badge (yellow belt)
- Theme (20%): Culture or heritage chosen and content.
- Findings (30%): Details of work involved and use of various techniques to determine your conclusions on a short PowerPoint presentation of maximum 10 slides.
- Technical Work (40%): Use of Power BI or Python to create a workable data science model based on your findings.
- Instructions (10%): Ability to take competition requirement instructions.
Submissions close on September 11, 2020 at 23:59 Jakarta Time.
For more information, visit Future Ready ASEAN Competition.