LOOP Accelerator Rwanda Program 2020 for Education Startups
Deadline: August 31, 2020
Applications are open for the LOOP Accelerator Rwanda Program 2020. LOOP is the latest acceleration program in Kigali, Rwanda that aims to amplify the growth of high potential education start-ups with founders between the age of 18-25 years old.
The 3-month LOOP accelerator is designed to have a long-lasting impact on the startups and the participating entrepreneurs and ensure the sustainable success of each participating startup by leveraging on their existing networks, a thorough analysis of each startup, and providing top of the line materials and training. The program includes weekly training (incl. COVID-19 measures), 1-1 coaching sessions, co-working space, pitch events, and mentor match-making. Estimated weekly time investment: 2-4 hours.
They are looking for passionate entrepreneurs who are ready to take their business to the next level.
- International visibility through joining the partner networks of the organizers and access to international networks of corporates, investors, international organizations active in the African start-up ecosystem;
- Start-ups part of program get preferred access to exposure trips and matchmaking facility of Make-IT in Africa;
- Participating start-ups will receive weekly stipends and a chance to pitch for additional awards by the end of the program;
- Top trainers and mentors in Rwanda;
- Central Co-working space in Kigali.
Some of the LOOP takeaways:
- 3-4 Design thinking tools that can boost the customer/partner acquisition process;
- Resource limited growth, risk mitigation, and financial planning;
- Product/Market fit and presenting a precise value proposition;
- 3-4 new tools/software that can support the development/operations of the start-up;
- Investment & growth readiness;
- The art of networking and attracting the right team members.
- Open to startup founders who are contributing to reaching the Sustainable Development Goals and are in the education sector: EdTech, Education services, Education products.
- Founder or director should be in the age range between 18-25 years old.
- Minimum 1 year of startup operations.
- Clearly contributing to reaching the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Ready for growth.
- Operations in Rwanda.
- The participant is ready to invest 2-4 hours/week for LOOP activities until the accelerator is completed.
The accelerator will run from September to November, 2020.
The startup selection & screening will happen throughout the application period and the LOOP Accelerator is expected to have the launch meeting on September 1. The selected startups will be contacted throughout the application period.
For more information, visit LOOP Accelerator Rwanda.