European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) Prizes 2020
Deadline: October 30, 2020
Applications are open for the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) Prizes 2020. The biennial EDCTP Prizes recognise outstanding individuals and research teams from Africa and Europe who have made significant achievements in their research field.
Additionally, the awardees will have made major contributions to strengthening clinical research capacity in Africa and supporting South-South and North-South networking. The Prizes are part of the EDCTP programme which is supported by the European Union under Horizon 2020, it’s Framework Programme for Research & Innovation.
EDCTP intends to award four prestigious international prizes dedicated to the promotion of scientific research, improved health and Africa-European collaboration. Prizes will be awarded in a ceremony at the tenth EDCTP Forum which will take place in Maputo, Mozambique, from 17-20 October 2021.
The four prestigious prizes are:
- Scientific Leadership Prize – €10,000: Awarded to excellent world-class scientists in sub-Saharan Africa up to 50 years of age working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases (NIDS) in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme.
- Outstanding Female Scientist Prize – €20,000: Awarded to excellent world-class female scientists in sub-Saharan Africa and working in the remit of the EDCTP2 programme.
- Outstanding Research Team Prize – €50,000: Awarded to outstanding research teams in sub-Saharan Africa and Europe working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases (NIDS) in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme.
- Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize – €50,000: This prize is named after Dr Pascoal Mocumbi, the first High Representative of EDCTP A, in special recognition of his significant contribution to the development of EDCTP as an international collaborative research partnership. It is to be awarded to senior scientists, policy-makers or advocates for health and research, from anywhere in the world.
- The contest for the first three prizes (Scientific Leadership Prize, Outstanding Female Scientist Prize, and Outstanding Research Team Prize) is open to residents of a sub-Saharan African country, an EU Member State, or a country associated to the Horizon 2020 programme.
- The contest for the Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize is open to contestants from all parts of the world.
- Scientific Leadership Prize
- Outstanding Female Scientist Prize
- Outstanding Research Team Prize
- Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize
For more information, visit EDCTP Prizes.