Deadline: December 4, 2020
Applications are open for the Generation Google Scholarship 2021 for North America. The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
The Generation Google Scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance. The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and they strongly encourage students that identify with groups historically excluded from the technology industry, including Women, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, to apply.
- Selected students will receive $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2021-2022 school year.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities).
- Family and household information.
- Academic transcripts from your current (if you are currently enrolled) and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree).
- Responses to three short answer essay questions.
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective academic peers (e.g. high school students compared to other high school students).
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- PDF copy of your resume (if applicable, please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume).
- PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable).
- PDF copy of your three short answer responses.
For more information, visit Generation Google Scholarship.