Ashoka/Boehringer Ingelheim Making More Health Co-Creation Accelerator 2021
Deadline: February 7, 2021
Applications are open for the Ashoka/Boehringer Ingelheim Making More Health Co-Creation Accelerator 2021. The MMH Co-creation Accelerator is a structured social enterprise support program consisting of 12 months of design and implementation to test/pilot a new strategy or element of a business model, culminating in a pitch for further scale-up.
The winners of this pitch will continue into a second 12-month phase of scale-up support of the test/pilot. In both phases of the program, participants have access to financial and technical support from Ashoka, Boehringer Ingelheim and social investment experts.
- Professional growth: The program offers participants multiple opportunities for professional growth and development in their entrepreneurial journey. Includes in-person and online workshops and seminars on topics about operations, systems change, replication & transfer, social finance, and new leadership among others.
- Technical expertise: As participants develop and test strategies to unlock their potential for scale and sustainability, they have access to expert advice from experienced professionals at Boehringer Ingelheim through a curated Executive in Residence (EiR) or expert engagement program. Engagement with BI employees may take place virtually or in-person for 2-4 weeks at a time. Additionally, the program engages a number of consultants to offer tailored expert support to participants in areas such as investor engagement, communications and pitching.
- Strategic networks: Accelerator participants become part of an ever growing and closely knit community of ecosystem actors including impact investors, foundations, government agencies, corporate executives, social entrepreneurs and experts committed to improving health care access for humans and animals across Africa with ongoing support from Making More Health.
- Investment access support: The program provides each participant with a grant of Euros 50k for piloting/testing a new strategy or element of a business model, with the possibility of additional scale up funds of up to Euros 150K for successful pilots. Participants also receive tens of thousands of euros in pro-bono technical support and investment readiness coaching. In addition, the program gives program participants the chance to showcase their innovations to a larger community of investors at an annual investor showcase event.
- Business Collaboration: Where there is a timely and strategic fit between Boehringer Ingelheim and a participating social venture, there is the potential to explore a strategic business collaboration with significant long-term benefits for both organizations.
- Open to business or social enterprise.
- At least three years of operation.
- Any sector that contributes directly or indirectly to human or animal health.
- Be operational in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
- Have at least USD 100K in annual sales revenue.
- Show clear metrics and evidence of impact.
- Have a strong team with the right size and level of competency.
The deadline for application is February 7, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit MMH Co-creation Accelerator.