Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program – Media Literacy Cohort 2021-2022 (Funded to the U.S.)
Deadline: Varies by Country
Applications are open for the Fulbright TEA Program Media Literacy Cohort 2021-2022. The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA) Media Literacy Cohorts bring international secondary-level educators to the United States for a six-week professional development program to take academic seminars at a host university.
The Media Literacy Cohort will focus on promoting and developing media literacy and critical-thinking skills in their home schools, classrooms, and communities. Participants observe classrooms and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools. The international participants will travel to the United States for one of two six-week professional development programs in either spring of 2022 or fall of 2022.
- Open to participants from the following countries: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- Eligible Disciplines include:
- English or English as a Foreign Language;
- Language/Literature of your home country;
- Social Studies (civics, history, geography, global studies, law, etc.);
- Media studies, communications, journalism, or related fields;
- Math (algebra, statistics, geometry, calculus);
- Science (biology, chemistry, physics, earth science).
Application deadlines vary by country and territory. Please contact the U.S. Embassy or Fulbright Commission in your country for specific deadlines and to find out whether they are accepting online applications.
For more information, visit Fulbright TEA.