Africa Grantmakers Affinity Group (AGAG) Fellows Program 2021
Deadline: March 24, 2021
Applications are invited for the Africa Grantmakers Affinity Group (AGAG) Fellows Program 2021. The Fellowship offers an emerging professional the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the issues, organizations, and people working to leverage private philanthropy to benefit communities across Africa.
The Fellow Program reflects AGAG’s commitment to providing professional development opportunities to encourage interest in philanthropy and in Africa. The Fellow is a one-year remote position that reports to the Executive Director.
About the Africa Grantmakers’ Affinity Group (AGAG)
The Africa Grantmakers’ Affinity Group (AGAG) believes in the power of networks. Their mission is to promote robust, effective, and responsive philanthropy to benefit African communities through building an inclusive and diverse network of engaged, informed, and knowledgeable grantmakers. They convene funders, curate information, and connect new and experienced grantmakers to help deepen their knowledge and understanding of current trends and practices.
The Fellow will work as part of the AGAG team on a range of program activities that will familiarize them with current trends and stakeholders in private philanthropy’s support to Africa including:
- Coordinating virtual meetings and webinars exploring current trends in philanthropy to Africa.
- Conducting research for anniversary multi-media documentation project.
- Producing meeting summaries and short research briefs.
- Pproviding administrative and logistical support for program activities.
- Open to those from a range of backgrounds with experiences in a range of areas including journalism, media/social media, audio/video/film production, technology, research, history, philanthropy, international development, and the nonprofit sector.
- The Fellow must be legally able to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree required but graduate degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of work experience.
- Experience working in philanthropy and or non-profit sector a plus Knowledge of issues related to Africa a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office, G Suite, ZOOM and quick learner of new technology tools. Strong writing and communications skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team proactively.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail while keeping the end goal in mind.
- Proactive communicating skills required to work effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and willingness to serve in different roles as needed.
Download the AGAG Fellowship Description that contains complete information about the AGAG Fellow. Please review the Fellow Description before completing the 2021 AGAG Fellow Application. The application deadline is 11:59 pm EST on March 24, 2021
For more information, visit AGAG Fellowship.