ASIP Accelerator Program 2021 for African Startups
Deadline: May 14, 2021
Applications are open for the ASIP Accelerator Program 2021. They are looking for the next generation of African startups disrupting industry sectors including FinTech, InsureTech, AgriTech, IoT & Connectivity, Digital Health, and RegTech.
Backed by anchor partner Telecel Group, the program is ideal for startups with a mobile tech focus. Additional corporate partners are lining up to engage with startups through pilots and Proof of Concepts projects that can open the doors for longer-term commercial agreements.
During the COVID pandemic, SBC launched Accelerator Squared as a fully online platform that enables startups to access the complete library of content, group workshops, 1:1 mentoring, collaborative sessions with Entrepreneurs in Residence, and invite-only discussion forums with founders from around the globe. The remote accelerator concludes with an online Demo Day where startup founders pitch their disruptive solutions to a broad audience of media, investors, corporate partners, and industry stakeholders.
They are looking for the next generation of African startups disrupting the following focus areas:
- Voice Recognition/ Image Recognition
- Alternative Finance
- Health Wallets & Accessibility
- RegTech KYC
- AI & Machine Learning
- AgriTech Food Supply Chain
- IoT & Connectivity
- Cross-Border Payments
- Financial Inclusion
- HealthTech – Telemedicine
- Technology Stacks
- Cloud Computing
- The 10 startups in the program will receive benefits valued at more than EUR 500,000, including credits from AWS, Google Cloud Services, Hubspot and many more.
- SBC AfriTech also invests EUR 15,000 in cash to each startup.
To be eligible for the program, your startup
- Has to be formally incorporated;
- Has at least 2 people working on the project and devoting at least 50% of their time to the project;
- Has customers or clients using the products or services;
- Is generating revenues from the products or services.
If you believe you could be their next rising star, apply now before the May 14 deadline.
For more information, visit ASIP.